Positional bar code reader with Microlix 1400

Hi,
I’m having some problems to connect to a OLM100-1005 (positional bar code reader and RS-485 ASCII-protocol) from sick with a micrologix 1400 (I’m using channel 0 with an 1763-NC01 as interface). If I use an HyperTerminal I have no problem communicating but I cannot connect with the positional bar code reader. In attachment is my code and ST string sent -> probably here is my main question. In manual says “All messages are framed within <STX> and <ETX>. Requesting position value command <STX>0107<ETX>”.
I know STX and ETX are start of text and end of text, but I should send in my string?

Your inputs are very welcome!

Thanks.

Hi,
Regarding the same topic, can please me clarify that the "1st AWA append character" and "2nd AWA append character" that we put are comming together? Or, one come in the begining of the message and the second in the end of the message?
This is, for example: 1st=\d and 2nd=\a, the message is \dmessage\a or \d\amessage. Of course \d meaning CR and \a LF.

Thanks.