FactoryTalk Historian SE Migration problem (2.1 to 3.01 version)

nibed

I have a problem during a FactoryTalk Historian SE Migration (2.1 to 3.01 version). The problem is in the step 20 (Upgrade to Historian server 3.01) of the migration guide ( Migration Guide Link). I receive the 1603 error, which is described in rockwell knowledge base 55176 case:
----------------
Problem
When performing FactoryTalk Historian SE 2.20 to FactoryTalk Historian SE 3.01 upgrade fails on installing FactoryTalk Historian SE 3.01

Solution
If any of steps preceding the installation of Historian 3.01 in the migration guide are not completed properly the installation can fail.

One common failure point is not completing the MDB to AF synchronization. If you don't complete the MDB to AF synchronization the install will fail with a 1603 error in the installation log.

----------------

The strange thing to me is that they said that common failure point is not completing the MDB to AF Sync which is in the migration guide after the upgrade od historian server to 3.01 (this fails).

Do you think i should try to finish the MDB to AF Sync, or is the solution on knowledgebase just wrong. If anyone had this problem, please comment.

Last edited: