Controllogix Fault

rankhornjp

I have a L75 that had a major fault today, it was reset beforei was able to check the fault code. It ran for about 3 hrs and faulted again and i was able to get a pic of the fault message.

Can someone help me decode this?

Thanks

20180515_204945.jpg

KB 278692 Talks about the Type 1 Code 60 fault.
Basically you processor has detected a major fault and has cleared the Project and user memory.
As for what could cause that, there are many different reasons. I am pretty sure that a program error can not cause the issue. It is either a hardware issue or maybe a power issue. Lets start with the obvious:
Any power spikes?
Can you move the Processor to a different rack and see if the problem follows the processor?
Do you have a spare power supply that you can swap out in the rack to see if that helps?
Try any of these and see if you get any results.

I used to get some non-recoverable faults on the PLC and just cycling power on it actually changed it to a recoverable fault. You may be able to get some more life out of it like that, but if it's faulting out like this every 3 hours, then replacing is probably the best option.

Otherwise the other advice given in this thread should help.

KB 278692 Talks about the Type 1 Code 60 fault.
Basically you processor has detected a major fault and has cleared the Project and user memory.
As for what could cause that, there are many different reasons. I am pretty sure that a program error can not cause the issue. It is either a hardware issue or maybe a power issue. Lets start with the obvious:
Any power spikes?
Can you move the Processor to a different rack and see if the problem follows the processor?
Do you have a spare power supply that you can swap out in the rack to see if that helps?
Try any of these and see if you get any results.

No power spikes reported
I don't have another rack to put it in
We' changed the power supply around 6am. Now we wait...

Thanks for the feedback

Insert SD card and wait for another fault. It will record the data that Techsupport can analyze. I don't remember exactly, but it may write the previous fault info too. Not too much that you can find without it.
It may be also another module in the chassis that causes processor to fail

Insert SD card and wait for another fault. It will record the data that Techsupport can analyze. I don't remember exactly, but it may write the previous fault info too. Not too much that you can find without it.
It may be also another module in the chassis that causes processor to fail

Tech support has that info, but said it could take up to 48 hrs for them to figure it out. We are still going right now, so hopefully, it was a power supply issue.