ASCII PLC -and dimmer panel

Benton

Is there anyreason why I couldn't take a send command from a plc and send it to a dimmer panel that supports ASCII strings?

for example:

this panel
SC277-12-UN-1P-FT

or

Since you didn't specify your make and model of your PLC, I guess that we have to assume that it comes with a serial port. :)

But no, there is no reason why you can't use the PLC. They have been used for ages to interface to any number of things (for instance barcode scanners, which is just pumping ASCII back and forth through the serial port).

I rarely enjoyed working with a serial port in a PLC though, the ClicK PLC from Automation Direct was probably the easiest.

Similar Topics

Good day! I am working on a project at our campus to integrate fleet vehicle chargers with load management so we don't overwhelm our service. The...
Replies
Views
I have a Horner PLC that is reading Ascii string from a device. When the device responds, it responds with the hex value in Ascii. I need to...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how to inhibit the 232 module from sending data during PLC power-up? To send data during normal operation, the Transmit Record...
Replies
Views
Hi Friends, We are planning to use 1769-L3 PLC with ASCII module as we are planning to communicate with Microcontroller , Barcode reader and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using a Click PLC for MODBUS communication with a range of gas sensors - everything is going reasonably well in that I can read / write...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom