You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old September 13th, 2018, 02:04 PM   #1
jude
Canada

Panel mate 3000

Anyone know how to delete Allen Bradley drivers in a panel mate power series 3000
Old September 13th, 2018, 02:14 PM   #2
Steve Bailey
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

I think you download a different driver. The Panel Mate only holds one driver at a time.
Old September 13th, 2018, 03:26 PM   #3
Steve Bailey
United States

Upon pondering my earlier response, I'm not sure whether all Panel Mate maodels are limited to one driver at a time. If there is a way to delete a driver from a unit without overwriting it with a different driver, I'd expect to find the procedure in the transfer utility. That's where you select a configuration and/or driver to download and where you can check the unit to see what is installed.
Old September 14th, 2018, 08:57 AM   #4
jude
Canada

there are 2 drivers installed we tried putting the firm ware in again it did not uninstall the drivers, I have looked at several manuals they explain clearly how to install drivers but not how to uninstall. I found one reference where it said reinstalling the firmware removes drivers but that does not seem to be the case
Old September 14th, 2018, 09:07 AM   #5
Steve Bailey
United States

Why do you feel the need to uninstall a driver? If you need to install a different driver, I believe you can overwrite one that's already there. Does it do any harm to leave a driver installed if the configuration doesn't use it?
Old September 15th, 2018, 09:04 AM   #6
Steve Bailey
United States

Quote:
I found one reference where it said reinstalling the firmware removes drivers but that does not seem to be the case
Are you sure you successfully downloaded the firmware? Did you get confirmation on the Panel Mate's transfer screen that the download was complete?
Old September 22nd, 2018, 02:07 PM   #7
jude
Canada

yes we got confirmation of the successful firm ware download, we are attempting to load a configuration which is used on a Siemens Apt, I am at home but the error is basically a conflict with the configuration and the Allen Bradley driver
Old September 24th, 2018, 09:14 PM   #8
Steve Bailey
United States

When you have more than one driver assigned in the PLC Name and Port table, you need to include the PLC name in the addressing for any PLC reference. The addressing is expressed inside square brackets whenever to apply a PLC address and that's where you would have to include the PLC name.
If your company will permit it, post your configuration file here. I'll take a look at it and see if I can help steer you in the right direction. I don't have a PanelMate to try to download to, but I have the software.
I your employer objects to your posting the file to a public forum, send me a private message through the forum. I'll send you my email address and perhaps they'll permit sending the file to me privately.
Old September 25th, 2018, 03:06 AM   #9
jude
Canada

thanks Steve , The electrical foreman is on vacation for 2 weeks I will check with him when he returns
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum