You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old September 14th, 2018, 07:52 AM   #1
scott.lawrence
United States

Studio 21.03 incomplete module info?

In the process of adding a bunch of remote I/O to replace PLC5's in our process...

In the I/O tree, everything is showing up, but in controller tags, I can not see the In/Out for the modules (see pic). For instance, the first flex module in ScanShed_N is an output module, but there's no "O" in the controller tags. Anyone stumble into this before?

h/w: PLC - 1756-L72 ControlLogix 5570, rev 21.11
s/w: Studio 5000 Logix Designer 21.03

https://imgur.com/a/J537Zsm
Old September 14th, 2018, 11:40 AM   #2
Vlad Romanov
United States

Hi Scott,

I would recommend that you either download 21.11 version of RSLogix or Upgrade the PLC firmware to 21.03. One of my colleagues struggled with this version (21.03) and it appears that there are many known compatibility issues with it. Here's a Rockwell note.

Problem
Logix Designer Software, Version 21.03

1 Release Overview
This release includes enhancements intended to improve product resiliency to potentially disruptive activities. These enhancements have been verified to not affect product safety, performance, expected life, configuration, or operation of the product. Rockwell Automation advises customers to follow good Industrial Control System (ICS) security practices that include regular product updates. To ensure authenticity, obtain product updates and new releases directly from Rockwell Automation.

Product resiliency includes, but is not limited to, security topics related to tamper prevention and detection; intellectual property management and source protection; and user authentication and authorization.

The release ensures that only V21.03 software can open, upload and go online with a project/controller created/downloaded from this version.

Long story short, I would avoid that revision like the plague. If you can flash all the up to 30.11, you should be in good shape. Otherwise, I would expect it to be incompatible.
Old September 17th, 2018, 08:15 AM   #3
scott.lawrence
United States

thanks for the reply, Vlad

will update today & report back if this clears the issue
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum