Looking for DC Brake Rectifer

gbeaker

I know this is sort of off topic but I also know we have a lot of smart people here. I have a 3 phase 220v motor with a DC brake coil. The original brake rectifier had a 220v AC input and a 90V DC output. The nameplate is gone from both the motor and the rectifier. Does anyone know where to find such a device?

Interesting that the brake coil is rated for 90vdc. Half-wave rectifying 220vac gets you about 154vdc. Half-wave rectifying 120vac gets you about 90vdc. I'd be curious what you find out; this sounds like an a slightly strange brake coil. Maybe the 90v coil is over-driven to ensure snappy actuation.

-rpoet

In addition to warner, magpowr makes brake controls. Measure the resistance, ohms law to find out how many amps you need.

A little more info.

Based on some old paperwork, it looks like the original module is DM200D.

As seen here -> http://www.plccenter.ca/Buy/TSUBAKIMOTO CHAIN/DM200D?redirect=true

These appear very hard to find. I am trying to find a spec sheet to verify the output voltage is indeed 90V and hopefully source a replacement.

When googling "DM200D" a few motor manuals come up and only one of them suggests the output voltage is 90VDC. The others fail to mention the output voltage to the brake coil.

Any more ideas?

EDIT:

I found the spec sheet for the motor and the brake voltage is indeed 90VDC. So the question becomes, where can I find a rectifier with a 220VAC input and 90VDC output? Or is it even considered a rectifier anymore since its also regulating voltage.

Last edited: