error 613 on panel view 550

labingtone

The system archetecture: panel view550 conected to a AB SLC 5/03 via DH 485.
The panel view indicate error code 613"Required network node not found".
On the cpu the FLT(red light) is "Blinking", and DH485 is "ON"(green light) all other light is "OFF"(run, force, bat, rs232). The system works for the past month and we did not modified anything on the program for both PLC and OI.
Please tell me what to do our systems is down and i need your help. thanks.

Fascinating.

¿You've got a blinking red light on the PLC next to the abbreviation for FAULT, and yet your post indicates you think something's wrong with the Panelview?

Sorry if I sound cynical, but it's been one of those days.

The Panelview is fine. Your PLC has a problem. Without looking in a manual (available FREE from AB.com - hint, hint), I can't tell you exactly what, or how. Some possibilities:

- Someone entered a negative number that fed a timer preset. PLCs can't go backwards in time.
- Or a "divide by zero" fault,
- Or other programming error.
- Or a voltage spike caused the SLC to lose its program (you've got an off-line copy, right?)
- Or the SLC is DEAD-DEAD (cause: neutrino strike, evil demons, voltage spike - take your pick).

I'd guess some kind of programming error. If it's only been up for a month, it doesn't have enough run-time to catch all the bugs.

First thing to do is to get online with the SLC and see what it has to say. If you get on, you should be able to find the fault. If you get on, but there's no program, download the old one. If you can't get on, get a backup from maintenance.

Last edited:
labingtone said:
To clarify my statement the "error 613" is displayed on the panel view when it is connected to the PLC. the Fault indication on the cpu is blinking at the same time.
You don't need to clarify... Sid and Allen seem to have understood your problem just fine.

The FAULT light on the PLC is lit. Therefore the PLC has a FAULT and you need to determine what the fault is (i.e. go online and check). The panelview is only giving that message BECAUSE it can't communicate with the PLC BECAUSE it (the PLC) has a fault.

Have you looked at the other topic Sid linked to? Good info there...

beerchug

-Eric