Mitsubishi USB to R232 Cable Adapter problem

sttchui

hi,

i was wondering anyone can help me how to configure for Melsoft GX-Developerusing a USB to RS232 cable converter as my current computer does not have any seriel port!I am using winXP platform

i try using the an old computer to link with a Q2H CPU using both USB cable & Seriel port without any problem.

Please help.

Thank you!

Regards

sttchui

hi,

i was wondering anyone can help me how to configure for Melsoft GX-Developerusing a USB to RS232 cable converter as my current computer does not have any seriel port!I am using winXP platform

i try using the an old computer to link with a Q2H CPU using both USB cable & Seriel port without any problem.

Please help.

Thank you!

Regards

sttchui

If you are trying to connect to the Q why are you using converter? the Q series has a USB port... just above the 232 port...

Problem Converter USB to RS232 PLC Mitsubishi FX.

hi,

I'm the same problem. I'm using a cable converter (BELKIN) USB to RS232 due to my computer does not have any serial port. I've Win XP as SO. With this converter does not function the comunication with PLC Mitsubishi FX. Do you know some converter USB to RS232 to use with a PLC serie FX.? or an other solution?

now I'm using an old computer with serial port and function with an old cable serial to mini port PLC mitsubishi.

Please, i need help.

Best Regards,

Albert.

i have inherited the cheapest thing on planet, made by starteck (based on Prolific chipset) and it works with just about everything.

questions:
- are you sure you select proper COM port?
- are you sure it works with other programs (hyperterminal or whatever)

Q series high performance processors (with and H in part number like Q02H, Q06H etc) do have USB port as well.

Last edited:
The way to connect with a USB to serial cable is in the transfer setup of GX, in the "PC Side I/F" section, set the Comm port being used to the same comm port that was assigned when you installed the USB to Serial Cable drivers. This works because I use it every day.

If you're unsure of this plug the USB to Serial Cable in to your laptop and go to Device Manage. Now select "Ports (Com & LPT), the USB to Serial Cable port number will be in here.

Good luck!