Rsnetworx For Devicenet Drive Issue

halla26

Hi all

Yesterday we had a failure with a powerflex 70 drive and had swap it with a similar replacement.

The powerflex drive had a 20-comm-d module installed which I've swapped over to the new drive.

However on testing, I'm unable to get the drive to communicate with the PLC over devicenet so unable run it in auto (displaying stopped) so aware just means waiting for the run signal.

Using Rsnetworx it has picked the newly fitted drive up and showing a electronic key mismatch (attached picture) on the product code.

To change this requires me to do a download with the processor in program which at the moment is not viable. Any other ways round this? Or just grit our teeth together and just go for it?

Also getting an error on the node itself for the drive in the diagnostic section giving error 00075 (Port 5 Adapter). Not sure what this is all about?

Any help much appreciated guys! Thanks :)

Electronic Key Mismatch.jpg

What revision of firmware is your 1756-DNB ?

The "OSCAR" Online Scanlist Changes at Runtime feature was added to the 1756-DNB seven or eight years ago. If your DNB doesn't support that feature, then putting the DNB into Idle mode is the only option.

The PLC doesn't necessarily have to be in PROG mode; only the Output.RUN bit for the 1756-DNB has to be false. But in many cases, that's effectively the same thing if the system can't run with an idle DeviceNet.

I'll go see if I can figure out exactly which version of DNB firmware supported OSCAR.. it's probably v5 for v6.

RA Knowledgebase Document 40021 describes the scanners that support OSCAR.

The 1756-DNB started support with firmware 7.001 and the 1756-DNB Series C (the one with the USB port on the front) with firmware 10.005.