system
--system1 (system)
-----auto (program)
---------autotag (tags)
--system2
-----auto (program)
---------autotag (tags)
!!
i try to use the same tags name for different system so next time i can copy system 2 and rename to system 3 without modify the local tags(is that possible to do that, on manual it mention avoid using same name for local but it not explain the reason why not using)
!!!
system
--system1 (system)
-----auto (program)
---------autotag (tags)
-----auto2 (program)
---------autotag (tags)
and also i have question on above example(is it possible do that also)
!!

Afternoon.

Creating a user defined data type may give you the structure that you are looking.

Put all the tags that will be used throughout the various systems into a User Defined Data Type and then when you create the systems tag i.e. System 1, define the data type as the User defined data type you have created.

Another method might be to put each system into its own routine, and using local tags instead of global.

Hope this is some help,

Dan

UDTs are the way to go you can basically create objects with tag structures in almost any configuration you want. whenever you want to add a new system simply create a new tag of the data type of your UDT with a unique system name and all "sub" tags are create for you and can be accessed by "System#.Tag"

here is a good article on the subject

http://www.plcdev.com/user_defined_data_types_udts_and_oop

The other thing I like about this method is if your systems are the same you create your logic once and you can copy and paste it and do a simple search and replace from System1 to System2 for example and your are done.

hi sorry to mention but they the same name but for different system, autotag for system 1 is on but autotag for system 2 is off at the same time, thanks

yes with UDTs they will be unique and independent of eachother

the tags will actually be System1.auto.autotag vs System2.auto.autotag
completely different spaces in the plc's memory

think about it like folders and files in windows System1 and System2 are the folders and each can have files with the same names that have different contents

Last edited: