Rslogix 500

stu

Has anyone had an issue with rslogix 500 where if you do an online edit and then save after the change it fails and throws you offline and then you have to browse the file and upload again ?? Sooo annoying is there a cure

Stu
It sounds like you an uncommitted edit in the ladder someplace.
look for a rung that is under edit but not committed or saved

I have had this happen.
I had it happen when someone else made a copy of the program while I was online and made an edit - very messy.

I can't remember, but you can do a search for edits.
i'll try to find it if I have time.
duty calls and I goto go.
james

That sounds a lot like the well-known RSLinx CIP connection maximum issue in RSLinx Classic. The solution is a reconfiguration in RSLinx.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32963

The basic problem, expressed as a parable:

"I need to a ladder to work on that fixture 12 feet up the wall"
"Sure, here's four 3-foot ladders."
"Shouldn't we secure them to one another instead of just stacking them on top?"
"Naw, you'll be fine"
*CRASH*