Input address in FTview ME edition

Rehu09

Hii all
Created hmi screens in ft view ME version. rev 6.00.
During testing the application. I have found all the screens are working good But in few of the screens components like push buttons were showing error during runtime, went and dig out what was the cause. In every screen error was one common thing was used like I:3/31 or I:6/20 in indication of the component.

Im surprised to see Why this application is not giving error for input bits 0 to 15bits like I:2/7. Why its throwing an error only for bits 16bit to 31bit. The error during run time is like "tag has an error at ::[shortcut]I:3/31
Wherever I have used input address bit higher than 15 it’s throwing an error.
Did anyone faced similar problems?
Thanks in advance for your help

I:3/31 isn't an address for a 32 bit word (DINT) necessarily.

SDN cards can have a large data table. One in slot 1 on a SLC could range from I:1/00 to I:1/960 or whatever size you configured it as. It just breaks them up into:

I:1.0/0-15 ---> I:1/0-15
I:1.1/0-15 ---> I:1/16-31
I:1.2/0-15 ---> I:1/32-47

etc.

In your logic editor, you can often use the addresses as you typed them in your thread and the software will deal with it accurately, but perhaps FTView does not.

I:3/31 (assuming 16 bit words) would be the same as I:4/15.
I:6/20 would be equivalent to I:7/4.

You are going to have to find the equivalent reference for each of them that is within the 16 bit limit.

I made some assumptions in the above statement, and you know what they say about assuming things..

I:3/31 (assuming 16 bit words) would be the same as I:4/15.
I:6/20 would be equivalent to I:7/4.

I:3/31 would translate into I:3.1/15

The 3 denotes the slot number for the input card, so that doesn't increase as you move up to a second 16 bit word.

In this example, the SDN card is located in slot 1

But you can see that I:1/31 and I:1.1/15 are the same bit

DataTable.jpg

I:3/31 would translate into I:3.1/15

The 3 denotes the slot number for the input card, so that doesn't increase as you move up to a second 16 bit word.

It depends on whether or not your slots have multiple words or a single word.

Another assumption I made since he had no word within a slot delimiter...

I think we need to OP to elaborate on how he came up with those unusual address references in the first place.

No disrespect intended Okie, I know you know your stuff. But I still have to disagree here. The first number is always a slot indicator, so you would never see it increment because of a word going up as far as I've ever seen...

referring to your comment: "I:3/31 (assuming 16 bit words) would be the same as I:4/15"

I:3/31 translates into: Input card, Slot 3, input channel 31. When dealing with 16 bit words, this can also be expressed as I:3.1/15. This would be an address for input number 31 on a 32 channel input card on a SLC configuration in slot 3.

I:4/15 translates into: Input card, Slot 4, input channel 15. When dealing with 16 bit words, this can also be expressed as I:4.0/15. This would be the last input (#15) seen in any 16 channel input card in slot 4 on a SLC configuration.

I think you're referring more to non hardwired (software) addresses, but with the actual hardware input designations, they always have to refer to the slot number in the chassis in my experience. You see it as well in 5000 with Local:1:I.Data[0].0

The "1" is always referring to slot 1 on the chassis, so ANYTHING wired into this card will always have the "1" in the address.

No offense taken. I enjoy being corrected. I see what you are saying and I think you're right in this case.

But, if you create a SLC program with 10 slot chassis, put 16 point input cards in the first five slots, open the "I" data table and enter "I:1/41" the cursor will jump to I:2.0/9 which is the same address... Type in I:3/20 and it will jump to I:4.0/4...

So maybe we're both right...

No disrespect intended Okie, I know you know your stuff. But I still have to disagree here. The first number is always a slot indicator, so you would never see it increment because of a word going up as far as I've ever seen...

referring to your comment: "I:3/31 (assuming 16 bit words) would be the same as I:4/15"

I:3/31 translates into: Input card, Slot 3, input channel 31. When dealing with 16 bit words, this can also be expressed as I:3.1/15. This would be an address for input number 31 on a 32 channel input card on a SLC configuration in slot 3.

I:4/15 translates into: Input card, Slot 4, input channel 15. When dealing with 16 bit words, this can also be expressed as I:4.0/15. This would be the last input (#15) seen in any 16 channel input card in slot 4 on a SLC configuration.
Thanks for the update. Your right Logan

I referred ::[shortcut]I:3.1/15 and tested it worked good. Thanks for all