Crimson 3 with Mitsubishi Q06UDEHCPU

cobra_phil

I am trying to get the Red Lion Data Station Plus communicating with a Mitsubishi Q-series PLC - Q06UDEHCPU. It is one of the universal models with the builtin ethernet port. So far I am not having any luck. I can drop in a QJ71E71 ethernet module and communicate without issues. But I would prefer to use the builtin port instead of having to add another ethernet port. There are many parameters in both the PLC setup and the Red Lion setup. I have tried many different values, but still no luck. I thought maybe someone else has had some luck with this configuration.
Thanks.

Hi,

I've not used RedLion products but I'm almost certain that is uses the MC-protocol. When using QJ71E71 there are two ports 5000 (tcp) and 5001 (udp) that automatically accepts connections.
However, on the QnUDE CPU's you need to define which ports that should be used as well as configuring that they should support MC-protocol.

Hope this helps!

Cobra,

I have used the Q03UDE with a Parker/CTC screen. I've attached my notes from this project, it has some screen shots of GX-Developer maybe this will help

Thanks BTalbot for the information. I tried the settings, still with no luck.
Here are my settings for the Q06:
1_zps9b853791.jpg

2_zpsd07e9517.jpg

Here are my settings for the Red Lion. I have tried many combinations of Network Number, PC Number and Access.
4_zps94e748b5.jpg

In the PLC ethernet diagnotics, I can see the Red Lion trying to communicate. But the PLC is showing an error. Don't know where to go from here.

5_zpsa76a443e.jpg

6_zps516158ff.jpg

BTalbot,
Thanks! That was it. I have no idea what PC Number means, but with the Network Number set to 0 and the PC Number set to 255, they are talking.
Thanks again.