Older Rockwell dongle

Jcooli09

I use FactoryTalk SE running on PCs for the facilities I manage and the vessels which service them. We've been on version 7.0 for several years, but we're switching to version 8.4 as we replace the PCs.

We use a dongle to handle the activations, we include a backup in the memory and if a computer fails we have everything we need provided FT has been preloaded onto the machine.

I've run into a problem with some of the older dongles, the 9300-USBELSER.A, which incorporate a RealTek USB ethernet adapter. I downloaded the driver from Rockwell and Activation Manager recognizes it.

The problem I have is when I shutdown, I can't shut down. It begins to shut down normally, but locks up in the shutdown screen. I can shut it down by holding the power button down, but if I don't do that I get a blue screen and the system reboots after about 10 minutes.

Has anyone here ever dealt with this?