Open Rockwell pva file in FT View

aand74

I have a pva file (of old Rockwell panel) that I want to open.
I do not have Panelbuilder 32.
Can I open this in Factory Talk View, and if so, how?
I do not want to download the panel again, it is just for looking at the screen and tag configuration.

If you have FTView Studio Machine edition, you can import the pva file.

Open FTView ME, select "new" application, give it a name, then clock on the "import" button, it then gives you options for pba, pvc, pva or med files, then go and select the file you want, and follow the on-screen instructions.

I believe you have to start a new project, and the option should be there. Are you trying to build it for a new panel? Like an upgrade? If not there isn't much good in doing an import.

Open View Studio, Choose to work with Machine Edition, On the next screen that offers to open a project, choose the 'new' tab, give it a name and that should enable the 'import' button.

ftview_new_import.png