Asi-bus

ivo.maenen

I have received some used Asi-bus material. All the material was used in a plant and in good working condition.

At his moment I'm just testing the hardware. So my test-setup is without a asi-busmaster.

The system uses a asi-bus-powersupply for the yellow cable and a normal 24Vdc-PS is used for the black powercable.

The strange thing is that module 2 and 4 have power, but the module 1 and 3 not. Module 4 is at the end of the yellow cable, so the last module.

The powerled-problem is only with the IFM AC2500-modules.

I have tested all AC2500-modules on the screw-base that is used for position '4'. And all AC2500-modules their powerleds are green when used with this screw base.

But with the non-screw bases the powerled is always off. I think that the base of module '1' is adressable and the base of module '3' is not adressabel. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

My question is:

why does the powerled of the AC2500-modules stay off when used with the non-screw bases?

Regards,

Ivo

overall.JPG pwr_problem.JPG base_1.JPG base_3_4.JPG

Last edited:
Apparently the yellow ASI-cable was not 100% correct inserted. The teeth missed the marked side.

I manually inserted first the marked side and pussed the yellow cable inside the 'slot'.

I guess that this is not the correct way to insert it.

Should I just lay the yellow cable on top of the yellow 'slot' and then place and screw the module on top of the base?

Or is there a better way of doing it?

Regard,

Ivo

Connecting the As-i yellow cable

Hello Ivo;
Placing the yellow profiled As-i cable in the As-i module guide and then screwing it in position is the standard way of connecting the two. As you have seen yourself it is the best way to avoid connection problems.
See this As-i manual from Siemens for basic details (section 3.4)
AS-Interface - Introduction and Basics - Siemens

AS-i cable installation.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Ivo;
Placing the yellow profiled As-i cable in the As-i module guide and then screwing it in position is the standard way of connecting the two. As you have seen yourself it is the best way to avoid connection problems.
See this As-i manual from Siemens for basic details (section 3.4)
AS-Interface - Introduction and Basics - Siemens

A question about 'step 2'.

Do I need to manually push the cable inside / under the two yellow guides / place-holders before I mount the module on top like in 'step 3'?

Hello Ivo;
Actually I don't remember having to push the cable in.
The way i learned it was to align the cable with the base, cover the two with the top module and let the screws do the job.
The cable profile makes it easy to align the cable with the guide on the coupling module (the bottom one).
Don't remember it ever failing... If you have to use force n the screws then your cable is resisting and is not in correct position.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited: