I have a Allen Bradley L33ER PLC & the program
Was developed by a 3rd party.

There is a XIO bit that I'm wanting to toggle
But can't seem to get it to toggle.

After selecting the instruction & selecting
Cross reference, the information tells me that
It's a OTE and the description
states it's "destructive" & has "y"

Is this keeping me from toggling this bit?
And what exactly does this mean that
It's destructive?

Thanks

The OTE instruction is setting the state of the bit. You can only toggle a bit that that isn't being instructed true/false from an instruction.

To add you may actually be toggling the bit, but the next scan will set the state of the bit through the instructions on the rung.

So how would I locate the
Bit Instruction that is be instructed true/false?

The issue I have is....I have a PID loop that needs to run
While in auto..I can change it to auto mode out on their
Panel view screen, but when u look at
The PID loop, the loop still shows to be in "Software Manual"
This OTE XIO bit that I'm asking about is in front of the auto
PID..it's needs to be off but I can't toggle it

Thanks

Cross reference the XIO, double click the OTE reference. That will take you to the rung that is holding the XIO in its current state. You will have to change the state of the rung that is using the addressed OTE so that the OTE is no longer on.

Note that an OTE will always hold its address in whatever state it is, so it will hold it OFF as well as ON.