PowerFlex 525 Ethernet Controlled

Tmac2490

We have 5 Powerflex 525's being controlled over the Ethernet. All are tied to same managed switch. In the RSlogix 5000 code all the modules are set to a RPI (Requested Packet Interval) of 5ms.
Would having such a quick RPI potentially cause equipment to miss start commands?

Thanks,
Tmac2490

I am with Janner. Unless you have some kind of ultra fast process that you are controlling there is no need for a 5ms RPI. I just installed a new 525 and my RPI was 100ms. I was just controlling a pump. You are taking a chance of overloading your Ethernet with unnecessary traffic. I would evaluate your needs and make the RPI reflect those needs.

You need to make sure that the stop signal is removed from the drive before the start command is given, I usually do this by setting Parameter A574 (Rdybit Mode Cfg) to either standard or enhanced and then have the drive ready bit in series with the start bit, this way the ready bit will not be true if the stop bit is asserted.
I think I set the A574 to enhanced but will need to check with a drive or when I am back onsite later in the week.

Alan