FactoryTalk Site Edition Licence Transfer Failed PC

chrisinns

HI All,

I have an Allen Bradley Integrated Display Computer (6181P-15TPXP) running FactoryTalk View Station SE as a Local Station.

This PC has failed but I'm pretty sure the hard drive is still intact. Is it possible to extract the runtime licence from the hard drive and transfer it do another system (i.e. A laptop or industrial PC) to keep the system up and running until we get the computer fixed? Currently the runtime is functioning on a laptop running a temporary activation.

Thanks
Chris

It's unlikely. There are a few people here who know a lot more about how the activations work in fine detail (coughgeorgecough), but I'm not one of them, so I'll leave any definitive answer to whether it's possible or not to them.

You should be able to call Rockwell tech support and get them to help you out, though. Activation and licensing support is free, and this is the sort of thing that they do at least semi-regularly.