Using Status bits with Compact Logix

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello guys,

I want to add a few status bits to the HMI program for the operator. There are 5-AB 1769 L32E Compact Logix PLC's throughout the plant and I would like to program some sort of communication or processor fault/OK status to the RSView32. I know with PLC5 and RSLogix 5 there were Status bits you could use that were under controller properties that looked like "S:10".

I'm trying to locate the equivalent with the Compact logix processor but I cannot find them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Tex

Check out the GSV instruction.

I looked into the GSV instruction help guide. Never having used that instructions I am unsure how to reference controller status. I basically want the know the controller status (If a major fault has occurred or if controller is showing no faults) and would like to know if Comms path between the processor and the HMI has lost communication.

Having these indications on the HMI would greatly help out the operators in the chance the PLC were to fault or if comms were lost between the PLC and the HMI.

Any examples of programming would be helpful.

I just looked this up in RSLogix5000 Instruction Help, I think you need to use a GSV instruction with the FaultLog object. The Instruction Help also says: "The objects available for access are dependent on the controller" so I don't know if you can do this in the CompactLogix L32E or not. Hope this helps.

I just looked this up in RSLogix5000 Instruction Help, I think you need to use a GSV instruction with the FaultLog object. The Instruction Help also says: "The objects available for access are dependent on the controller" so I don't know if you can do this in the CompactLogix L32E or not. Hope this helps.

That's kind of where I was at too, I'm going to have to find some more information regarding the GSV instruction.

thanks