Connect on a profibus network with field PG and complete shut down

In my settings I had Only master on the bus ON... maybe that caused something ? I don't know...

This setting may cause the busfault, if there is more than one Profibus master.

The setting "only master" is only needed, if your want check for reachable Profibus slaves when there is no other master for example.

If there is a Profibus master on a running network, and you connect a PG with setting "only master" on, it starts to connect to the Profibus immediately with it's own timing settings, as it's thinking there is no other master which has to be respected.

Without this option set, the PG checks the bus level and telegrams, and only acts on the Profibus when it's allowed to do this.

Similar Topics

I have CPU313C-2DP , I want to connect it with ABB Softstart"PST142-600-70"by PROFIBUS network. I set ABB Softstart as following : Menu -->...
Replies
Views
Hi,I have Siemens 315-2PN/DP and i want to connect ABB drive to PLC S7 with profibus which parameter in ABB ACS550 drive i have to set? i set...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am hopeing someone on here can help me. We currently have our plcs connected to an ethernet network, connected to this is a desktop...
Replies
Views
I have station PLC S7 400 connect with ET200. And I have a question: if ET 200 occur error: loss supply. I'm not sure, all station PLC stop?
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a new Siemens 400H-CPU. On the rack there is a power module, a CPU and an ethernet card. I need to download the hardware...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom