Delta PLC Analog Input Ladder (Pressure Transducer)

Anirban

Dear All,

I am new to this forum and want a help!!!

Using Delta PLC (DVP20EX2 with 8DI,6DO,4AI,2AO) and want to use a Pressure Transmitter (4-20 mA) as an Analog Input.

Kindly help me to make the Ladder for same (the scaling part). How to take its reading in a Data Register (DXXX) in Bar?

A ladder would be most helpful.
Any other links or tips will also be helpful...

PLEASE HELP

Thanks for your reply

Thanks for the reply.
I have already visited this thread and it did not help me.
It does not throw any light on the logic or solution I am looking for.

Any other thread or link or solution would be very helpful.

Thanks again.

Hi Anirban,

Reading the input is pretty easy but you will need to scale it to a value that suits your needs.
On the EX2 series your analogue input registers are D1110, D1111, D1112 & D1113 for analogue input channels 0-3.
For 4-20mA or 0-10V transmitter you need to wire the analogue terminals differently so pay attention to that.
The analogue input should go from 0 - 2000 points hence the need to scale the value to something meaningful. To do this you can use the built in SCAL or SCLP functions or be like me and create your own.
I find the SCLP better than the SCAL as you give it minimum and maximum values rather than a "slope" but the SCLP is a bit more confusing in the help file as it does not tell you that the S2 parameter is the start address of your minimum and maximum values etc. a better guide to these functions is found in the programming manuals.
That being said I have created my own scaling function to suit my needs and make things a little more transparent.

If you are stuck PM me your email address and I will send you some sample code.

Cheers
Guy