Difference between 2 numbers using CPT

rta53

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a need to calculate the difference between two values in percent. I tried Google and found a formula that does exactly that. I attempted to put that into a CPT instruction in Studio 5000. You can use an absolute value in this instruction which I did. When I run the program and the difference is anything other than 0 all I get is 50. Anyone tried to do this or have a better way? Images are attached.

Difference.jpg Difference CPT.jpg

One thing I see is I think you need another set of parentheses, before ABS and after /2. Right now you're dividing like this:

30/4/2=3.75

and you want
30/(4/2)=15

Aside from that it looks right to me.

It hard to troubleshoot your problem when the example you posted doesn't match your description of the problem. In your post you said you always get 50 or 0, but in your example you got 1.$. You got because you were dividing by zero. Post an example showing you getting 50 when you think the answer shouldn't be 50.

Thanks for the suggestions. I believe I have it working now. With this equation I get a good number if both tags are other than zero. If one is zero the result is 200. If both are zero then I get 1$ as proof said.

Difference2.jpg