Kinetex 350

mavrick

I am wanting to work on tuning a couple of kinetex 350 servo drives. I have read through the manual , but haven't had any luck finding information on what software to use to do so. Can anyone help me with finding this information? Thank you for the help!

The motion view software is for the Kinetix 300. The 300 is designed to be a stand alone servo, on the other hand, the 350 is designed to be integrated with Logix PLC's and has more capabilities because of that.

It may be worth noting in your case that your plc must also be motion enabled.
Your plc part number should give you a hint if it is.
Such as, L18ERM.
E= Ethernet
R= Ring Topology Ability
M=Motion

Like was mentioned, all of the tuning is done in Logix5000 or Studio 5000. Motion instructions then need to be inserted into your program and pointed at the axis to control.
I can't remember where exactly to find the tuning, but a good place to start is the good ole' trusty right mouse button on the drive in your project.

I believe there is also some sample programs included with the Connected Components Accelerator Toolkit that go through getting an axis enabled and moving.

Thank you for everyone's help. I gave you the wrong information, after double checking myself I realized it is actually a kinetex 300. This is why I was having trouble finding it in rs 5000. I believe I may be on the right track now.

Tuning can be bit of a pain if your controlling the motion over CIP from the plc.
Just make sure you have absolute control of the axis.