My Rslinx OPC Server

showshocka

Does anybody know why I see and can use some of my Tags from my Project and select them in the "data table address" for my use over in M***cel but cannot see other tags even when they are in the same routine in the project as the ones that I can see and use?

DDE_OPC.jpg

If the source tags are in a Logix processor, verify they are at Controller scope and have external access as read-only or read-write.

edit: Also it is sometimes necessary to use the DDE/OPC menu item to "Update ControlLogix Tag Info..." to refresh cached tag information.

Last edited:
If the source tags are in a Logix processor, verify they are at Controller scope and have external access as read-only or read-write.

edit: Also it is sometimes necessary to use the DDE/OPC menu item to "Update ControlLogix Tag Info

Yes. I have Verified this particular tag is in The Controller's Scope and not in Program Scope. I also did an update on my Controller at OPC/DDE menu. I still do not see the tag. This might sound odd but When I do go to my Routine names under my Controller's name in OPC/DDE, at the drop down whatever the name of the Routine name is all I see are only all the alphabets names that is the same as what the Routine begins with, for example, "American Move" I see all "A's" "Fat Tuesdays" I see nothing but all T's, "Mini Me" I See only the M's or in other words only the tags in that routine that begins with the Routine's same first letter. Crazy!

opc_dde help.jpg