OT - Comau Robots - Anybody Use them?

Steve Etter

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I just ran across Comau Robots and see they offer a 110kg collaborative. Looks interesting but I've never heard of them don't know anything about them. Does anybody have experience with them they'd be willing to share?

Thanks.

Hi Steve Etter,

Comau is a italian automation company divided into three divisions. Plant engineering, powertrain machining and robotics.
In the field of robotics Comau has over 40 years experience and they have a wide portfolio of industrial robots covering almost all applications.

The collaborative robots are the latets models and with the high payload Comau has a unique selling point. They presented AURA last year at the Hannover fair in germany.

I just started to work with Comau for a few weeks and my experience is really good. Their user interface is nice and intuitive and the software is powerfull. Also the mechanics is state of the art.

Regards
Elias

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around a "collaborative" with that kind of payload...........nope, not by my definition of collaborative.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around a "collaborative" with that kind of payload...........nope, not by my definition of collaborative.
That payload and the parts we need to handle are exactly why the need. When I need to move 40lb parts from location to location within a QC lab, any other kind of robot doesn't work so well. Speed isn't an issue but being able to operate around people is.

That payload and the parts we need to handle are exactly why the need. When I need to move 40lb parts from location to location within a QC lab, any other kind of robot doesn't work so well. Speed isn't an issue but being able to operate around people is.

I guess what I am saying is I don't understand how a robot capable of exerting that much force could be collaborative.

I should imagine it has to do with the sensory shell that covers the entire robot. Any pressure on it causes the robot to stop and to be manually moved. Between that and the limited speed, I guess it qualifies.