s7 1200 to scada

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I have a customer that wants to connect the s7 1200 controller to his scada system. This is the first time I try to configure the s7 1200 to connect to a scada system. How do I do it and what do I have to think about?

Is this the correct sulotion?

Create a datablock without "symbolic access only".
Insert all the memory to send to their scada system.
Create a TSEND_C and send my DB to an IP adress specified by the user.

Is this the correcrt way of doing it? Must the DB be DB1?

Thanks / Tim

Since your customer already has the SCADA system, what plc(s) is it communicating with?
Which scada system?

The 1200 can be communicated to using S7 OPEC servers as you described, set up a data block that is not created for symbolic address only. It does not have to be DB1. You do not need the Tsend block.

There are multiple FAQ for this on the Siemens support page.

I don't know what scada system they are using or what they are communicationg with. They just told me that they have a ascada system and want to access my datablock. Since the customer have specified me to use s7 1200 I think that they can communicate with S7 OPEC. Okej so they can access my datablock just by have the IP and datablock, perfect!

I searched and I only found FAQs for s7 1200 to s7 1200 and s7 1200 to s7 300. Maybe I searched wrong.

Thanks alot for the help!

If your customer specified you to use s7-1200 and they are providing the datatransfer between their system and your. Why dont you just ask them how they want the data be available to them?

Well, it's possible,but u have to know wich scada r they using. I've been using Ifix to communicate with a s7-1200 but using aditional I/o Drivers for s7 communications.

They said they wanted to know the "memory location listing" and since I didn't know how to communicate with scada I asked here how I do, and now I feel like Im starting to know howto =)

But we dont know how to communicate with scada they have, we dont have crystallball that tells it. We can only do educated guesses. Right place to ask for such information is your customer.

Yes I will ask them but I have no contact with the final customer and therefor the process is slow. Meanwhile I wanted to get som more information on this =)

Hi there (hej),

Most scada systems support Modbus TCP, some also have OPC clients. One way to would be to get an OPC server from Siemens and the 2 systems will be comminicating...
Another way would be to configure the S-1200 to Modbus TCP slave, if it has an ethernet port...

A third solution could be to use a gateway. If the S-1200 only has Profibus a gateway from Profibus to Modbus TCP would solve it.

//Patrick Lansdorf
HMS Sales