Red Lion G3 and Beckhoff CX

mlpv

Does anyone have experience setting up Crimson 3 to a Beckhoff CX series PLC?
I am trying to set up communications between a Beckhoff CX1030 PLC and a G304 Kadet.
I’ve followed the ‘Beckhoff ADS TCP Controller Information Sheet for Crimson’ to setup the communications. I am using Ethernet. I have setup the driver to be Beckhoff ADS/AMS TCP.
I’ve changed the driver settings to use the AMS NetID and IP addresses of the target PLC. I have a blinking red com light on the front of the G304, which I take means that there is a comms link between the PLC and the G304. Is there other way to verify this?
My question has to do with setting up the data tags. When I setup a flag-tag, I change my source to PLC1 (Beckhoff ADS/AMS TCP protocol) and the ‘Select Address for Beckhoff ADS/AMS TCP’ dialog box appears. I’ve tried typing the address from the TC System Manager I/O-Configuration tab (in this case it’s 1796.4) with the Data Type ‘Bit as Bit’ selected, but it truncates the .4, so then I tried 1796 with the Data Type ‘Byte as Byte’ selected and treated the Data Source as ‘Bit Array Little-Endian’ with no luck. What address/element should I type into the element box?

Thanks for reading!