RSView32 OEM Application Security

Sydney

Hi all, is there a way for an OEM to lock/prevent a RSView32 application form editing. I have a customer that says he can't modify his application and says the OEM has him lock out. I'm not that familiar with RSView32 and couldn't find anything in the manual about application security.

There were tools that came with RSView32 that could lock down the application as well as attempt to secure the Windows operating system it is running on. You could disable access to the start menu/task bar and windows key with one or more of those utilities.

As for the application itself, I think that you could block access to the manager menu (ctrl + p) with a setting in RSView32 or one of those utilities.

Also, I think that RSView32 was sold as a Runtime only as well as a "works" (development) license. My memories are fuzzy, but we do have a couple of customers using it, so I occasionally have to get in and poke around.