FT View Machine Edition alarm filtering

LSPort

I have created an alarm list that displays alarms from multiple slc or compactlogix pricessors using ME 8 with a pv+ running version 7.0
The devices have different labels in my alarm list. I am trying to find a method that allows me to filter my alarm list by the processor that generated them on my alarm list display on the hmi
But,I can't find any documentation that will point me in the direction to achieve this, is this possible in ME ? If so are the any links to how to do this.
Thanks in advance

I think your best option would be to use multiple alarm list screens. Use the filter option under the Alarm tab of the property page. This will allow you to filter each PLC view. This would also give you the appearance of sorting for each device. Use GOTO Buttons and label them to show sorted values. I would set up one list to show all and individual lists to show sorted alarms.

The other option:

The Sort Alarm button. Found under Objects>Advanced>Alarms

From the help file.
Sort alarms sorts the alarms in the alarm history and alarm lists by time or by trigger. If alarms are currently sorted by trigger, pressing the button sorts them by time; if they are currently sorted by time, pressing the button sorts them by trigger.
When alarms are sorted by trigger, they are first sorted so that all alarms assigned to one trigger are together, in the order that the triggers appear in the Alarm Editor. Within these groups, triggers are sorted by trigger value.

Last edited:
thanks both for that i will give a got and see how it works out. I will try the sort function first and move onto the separate alarm lists.
Baby Steps are good.....

just a big thanks to both for your advice, I have resolved my issue i now have a set of independent alarm lists for each plant item.
I did find another one of those " Rockwell features " Where ME 8.0 was intermittently failing to refresh/populate the trigger list menu correctly after you had created the it, eventually found the patch in KBase.
thanks for your time.
(y)