Diagnostics Faults of PowerFlex 700S

son_gohan

Hello everyone!

I'm doing a project using AB 1769 CompactLogix L32E connects with a Powerflex 700S inverter through DeviceNet. After using 1769 -SND Scanner Module to configure the address between the PLC and the inverter, I noticed that there is a Dword: Local:1:I.Fault, where Local:1:I is the place to transfer data between 1769 CompactLogix L32E and Powerflex 700S.
Is the Dword: Local:1:I.Fault contains fault codes from the inverter? If yes, where can I find the fault codes ?
I have tried to search through the Internet and AB documents but they don't tell anything about my problem.

Thanks for any help! Sorry for my lack of English

Hi and welcome,
Local:1:I.Fault is for the 1769 -SND or any other module you install on slot 1 (Local:1) If you need the PF status you need to send the status word, maybe last fault code or whatever diagnostics data you need. You need to read it through the devicenet, just like you read the other drive parameters.

Hi and welcome,
Local:1:I.Fault is for the 1769 -SND or any other module you install on slot 1 (Local:1) If you need the PF status you need to send the status word, maybe last fault code or whatever diagnostics data you need. You need to read it through the devicenet, just like you read the other drive parameters.

Thanks for your answer!

This is the Logic Status Word I found in PowerFlex 700S's manual. I think that we just know the inverter has fault or not. I want to know exactly what the fault is so that I can send the fault to my web server.
Do you have some ideas about that? Could you point out for me, please?

logic status.jpg

Ok, lets start with this that you show a nice picture, but none knows from which manual it is. Also no one knows about which parameter number you are talking.

So I found this manual:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/20d-pm001_-en-p.pdf

And I assume you are talking about p.155.

So if you go a little bit higher on pg. 29, there is Diagnostics list of parameters. 34 parameters are there (actually 31, without the last 3 for 700L drives). I would also read some of them, depending what exactly I need to know. It's up to you to determine what you need, but p.320 to 328, 331 are very helpful. Check the description of all the 31 parameters there and see, what you really want to know about the status