CCW to PFLX via Ethernet

unsaint32

I am trying to connect to Powerflex 527 with CCW. I can ping to the drive good, but the drive has the red x on it in RSLinx, and the CCW thinks the drive is offline. I cannot figure it out why.

ccw_question.jpg

What are you attempting to do with a 527 on CCW? The 527 has no parameters you can look at or program, it can only function as a part of a CLX motion control system as an induction motor axis.

What are you attempting to do with a 527 on CCW? The 527 has no parameters you can look at or program, it can only function as a part of a CLX motion control system as an induction motor axis.

I did not know that. Is there other well known products that are like that? are all servo motors like that? I am a novice automation technician. So, when I need to replace 527 control module, what steps do I need to take to get it going again?

Thanks

Talk to your AB distributor that sold you the 527, it's something they should have discussed with you when you bought it.

It's not for running a servo motor, it's for running an induction motor as part of a motion application, for example an indeed conveyor to a machine that is USING servos as part of it.