Encoder with Powerflex 755

janasamara

Hi everyone,
I'm working with the powerflex755 that has an encoder card. I'm trying to read the encoder value in studio 5000 through "Traveled" variable but I'm not getting a positive result.
What I want to do is read this variable and compare it to a value. While the value of the variable is less than the stipulated value the motor moves to the right. If the valor is equal the motor stop.
I tried to use the less than and equal block but it does not work.
The motor ignore the value variable.
I do not know what I'm doing wrong.
Can someone help me please?

Are you sure you have the encoder card properly configured in the drive? A 755 can accept up to 5 accessory boards into expansion slots, can use several different types of encoder cards and some encoder cards can be configured for several different types of encoders. So installing the card is not the entire process, you must program the drive as to what slot /port it is installed in, which card it is and what encoder is connected to it. Don't make any assumptions, all data is specific.

Thank you for response.
Yes it is configured correctly. I already did what I wanted. I modified the parameters 135 and 136 and I am using another variable that return the position actual. I do not know if this is the best solution, I am still studying the case.

If you are using the 20-750-ENC-1, the encoder feedback is stored in Parameter 4 of the encoder card's port. You can add this value to your processor as a datalink and then use simple math functions for homing and to calculate your actual position.

Thank you Helliana !!! I used the 20-750-ENC-1. In this moment I used the Parameter PSN Actual . I was able to use this parameter to stop the motor when it arrives in a position sent by me.