Please help me programming with Mitsubishi Melsoft GX Developer

Hi Burt, l take it you understood that if the power goes out it should not restart, as you only talk about if the E stop is pressed.
Please excuses my laziness for not looking deeply into your program.
Regards Kevin

Burt, l would suggest you look at programming the main components like you have the alarm, line 39, latching instead of "set"..
That way power out, everything can't run, unless l have missed something at a quick (blurry) look.
I apologise again, as looking at this program compared to my preferred RS500 is a little hard for me at this hour in the drinking day, ha ha.
Hi Ronnie, still laying the charm on, "hiccup"
So Geospark am l learning??????????????
Regards
Kevin

Kevin, thanks for your concern about power cuts, the main switch of the machine is an eletromecanical switch, when there is a power cut you have to go put it back on on the wall, which means at least 5 seconds plus the time to turn back on the machine, during that time the PLC had the time to power off and reset completely, then, when going back on, it would read that one of the home positions are not active and just go in alarm, but your point makes sense and I'm probably going to find a way to change the coding according to that or maybe just put a physical electric delay for power on to be sure that the PLC stays off enough time. I appreciate your help, but this will probably be my last comment on this forum as I'm going to get banned for rudeness.

I can stand a moderate amount of disrispect, and trust me Ronnie you are speaking like a douchebag only because you are behind the safety of your keyboard, I would gladly administrate you a therapeutical slap which benefits appears to have been neglected during your childhood, eductation is also some sort of safety mechanism that avoid people from being hurt.

So I'll conclude with that, sorry for the good guys on this forum that have to share it with retards like Ronnie.

pUsRVCw.jpg

Since the OP, Burt is in Belgium the machine has to follow the law, that is the machinery directive (MD) in Europe.

Some machines also falls under Annex IV machines and have to fulfill other standards as well.

Emergency stop has to stop the machine regardless of what the PLC does.
Depending on how serious damage will occur the circuit that stops the machine has to fulfill certain standards.

If the machine is capable of permanent damage this will always be PLe (performance level), which means there has to be a safety relay (or safety PLC) and an acknowledge/reset button. The Emergency stop has to use both channels on the E-stop and you have to have two contactors that will shut off the hydraulic pumps or whatever is needed to quickly make the machine safe. The contactors has to be monitored so it is possible to detect if one is welded shut. The standard for these things is EN/ISO 13849.

Any safety function has to work without the PLC / program's assistance. That's because you can get a hardware failure in the PLC. For instance a memory failure means that the program could be altered. So the electrical safety must use a safety relay (or a safety PLC) for these functions. This is when human safety is involved. Limit switches and such for the safety of the machine doesn't have to fulfill safety requirements. So any guards, light curtains, emergency stop etc for human safety needs to be connected to a safety relay/safety PLC.

Step one is always to have a safe machine design (regardless of electrical safety functions).
But step two is have the electrical safety functions be safe themselves. So they work when needed.
That's why it's not enough to just wire the e-stop in series with the start of the hydraulic pump.

In the end safety is about probability. As the consequences of an accident becomes higher so does the safety needed to minimize the probability that the safety don't work when needed.

Last edited:
Hi Peter, we/us all know that it should be built to what ever standards are applicable in what country it is built as well as were it maybe be used, but that doesn't mean it can't be built and used by whoever.
i wish that Burt understands all the appropriate standards for the required task.
I would suggest that maybe the code lacks and also there maybe not be the required protection products for the project.
But anyone can do a risk assessment and pass it, its not until there is a court case to prove whether standards were followed that a true assessment of the risk/application/work is decided.
That is were the **** hits the fan and people unqualified to do the risk assessment will be held accountable, hopefully.
Hence why as you are aware, people don't go out of the way to give code and say this is how it is done, with my name on it.
Regards
Kevin

I appreciate your contribution and am looking forward to install a laser barrier that will not be managed by the PLC and will directly shut down the machine if interrupted using a loop through physical industrial switches on the home position to make it possible to remove the block only when both swiches are pressed. And schelude a maintenance check every morning to make sure everything works fine, homing switches are already connected to ligths showing that they are working fine so checking if they work is easy.

Hi Burt, l see in the members at 10 pm you are still sniffing around, not band yet!!!!. Don't sniff to close to the "opinion"
KD

Your attitude and practices and programming stink.
You are not a capable or competent person to do this job.

Your example of programming was to help novices. (Your words)
I would say it was a perfect example of how not to do it.

There are people that will use the machine you are proud of unaware of the potential danger they are in.
I speak harsh to you because you are a deluded idiot.

Your attitude and practices and programming stink.
You are not a capable or competent person to do this job.

Your example of programming was to help novices. (Your words)
I would say it was a perfect example of how not to do it.

There are people that will use the machine you are proud of unaware of the potential danger they are in.
I speak harsh to you because you are a deluded idiot.
And you sir, are useless :rolleyes:

I already asked you how you would do it, as you seem to be the expert here, so I can get the program fixed but all you are capable of is behaving like a moron.
Still, my program runs well and does what I expected, I could make it look a little nicer by putting all the RST M1, RST M2 and SET M6 in a dedicated M function to make it shorter. But still this is pure esthetics. I asked you why I shouldn't use SET and RST and you were unable to give me a reply.

Since the beginning you were absolutely useless, I have 15 employees directly working for me how many do you have? I work 7/7 most of the time 10 hours per day, I started my company in the CNC department building my second CNC machine which is a 3 tons combined milling/plasma cutting router 4 years ago, and when I tell you I built it, I drilled every hole myself, wired every cable and even custom programmed the postprocess for the GCODE, since then I expanded my activity with a 10 tons double table milling machine, a 6 tons turning and milling machining center, a 4 tons cnc lathe, a 3 tons cnc pipe bending machine, I set up an ice cream factory for my father and programmed in Delphi a complete stock management software that generates barcodes, manages dates, statistics, stocks and sales, and works on the company network/server, which I installed myself too! the software have been running for 3 years without a single problem and is still in use.
I speak fluently 5 languages, my IQ is >140, I travel a lot for work, I was in Shanghai 2 weeks ago to elaborate new products.
I studied at the gunsmith school of Liege during 4 years and got an excellence prize for my work, I can file down any metal part to tolerances of 1/100 of mm.
That's really starting to embaras me to introduce myself this way but since you treat me like an idiot and you are out of reach for a more manly exchange I'll let you have an insight of who you are insulting.

I don't feel like I'm better than others, especially on this type of specialized forums where there are a lot of pro's, but I certainly don't suck at what I do, I always try to get better at it. And if I came to this forum and asked for help it was because ladder programming was new for me, but certainly not to get insulted by a moron.

The sad thing is that people like you, when they get behind a keyboard feel like they can talk **** to others, but if you were in front of me you would shut your mouth because 100kg of muscles would slap you so hard that you would have a retinal detachment. I don't care who you are, what is your age, respect has to go both ways, you're being a dick then you deserve to be tought how to be polite.

Anyway this topic has gone so far from it's initial purpose I have no doubt an admin will clean everything up and Ronnie you will be happy to go back to your routnine of bashing people.

No need to puff yourself up with self importance. Or repeatedly threaten physical violence. It tells us all what sort of person you are.
The fact still stands that what you have done is wrong and dangerous.
Put some photographs up of your work on this machine. (In particular the level of safety relay you used)
I know that is never going to happen.
I could write this program correctly and design the safety within a day with all cadded drawings supplied. Want to take me up for your peace of mind?
I would not show you one correct rung of code knowing what you have done already.
And by the way, if I came across your dreadful dangerous work in the field, I would certainly tell you to your face, 200 K of rippling muscle or not.
I am sure you are aware there is a common term for people like you.

Hi Guys, isn't it a nice day/night. Could you both have a rethink were this has now gone, seems threatening violence is not in any coding of a PLC l have seen, but more worldly PLC people than me will be able to answer!!
Kevin
PS who is looking at google for names.

ha, you guys aren't one in the same and winding YOUR own self's up, just with different addresses (and names that maybe you can't remember)
I apologise for my failing in intellect <100, Mensa has no worries about me joining, but have a look at the posts,
BOTH OF YOU
KD.