Compact Logix input from panelview

I'm wanting to use a password protected button on a Panelview plus 700 standard HMI to turn on a input on a compact logix controller. Is there a option in FTV Studio ME 9.0 to password protect a button? or any ideas of other ways to accomplish this?

Short answer is yes
But not a single button you password a screen or a set of screens.
You have 2 choices
1 you can use the default windows user accounts (user name password ect. )
2 You can setup users in the FTV again ( user name password )
Both work well
I have seen some programmers setup passwords that go through he PLC to open a screen but that’s not really the best way to do it.
I like to set up the user accounts in the FTV but it’s just my choice.
You will need to set the password screen where you can have the users enter the user name.
Setup a new screen to hold the number entry you want to use
Then in the settings setup the access account access level for that screen.
When you try to open the screen it will popup the password dialog box.

When you setup user accounts don’t forget to set an administrative account so you can add and delete users when needed.
I always add a user account with password for me so if they make a mistake and delete the suer accounts I can get back in and reenter accounts.
You can get more information in the help section

It takes a little time but worth the effort

Short answer is yes
But not a single button you password a screen or a set of screens.

To add to the above post..

You can hide a single button or a bunch of buttons using the visibility tab, with an expression using a condition such as "SystemUser=xxx", whereby xxx is your user name.