How Do I solve program compilation issue on micro logix starter lite/emulator

IdealDan

Hi Friends

I just started with Allen Bradley's micro logix starter lite/SLC500 emulator. I was following an info/instruction on how to start programming.
when I try to open my TEST.SS file in Emulator, it shows an error message of program not compiled issue and I'm stuck at that point right now. Please how do I over come this?
I'll be grateful for your help

Does the program have any unaccepted edits? If so verify the program to accept the edits.

Can you post the .RSS file ( zip it first).

try saving the program as an *.ACH file I seam to remember that the emulation doesn't like the RSS files so you save then as an ACH file
also some of the SLC processors are not supported if that happens change the processor type just for the emulator

Does the program have any unaccepted edits? If so verify the program to accept the edits.

Can you post the .RSS file ( zip it first).
Thanks to all,
MICKEY, yes problem is from unaccepted edit. when I copy/paste [FONT=&quot]"I:0/0" as its input address and[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"O:0/0" as its output address from the info/Instruction I was following, every thing works fine. But when I input [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I:0/0 and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]O:0/0 by myself via keyboard, I get the message "This SLC500 program must be compiled before it can be emulated" when trying to open file on emulator despite the fact that I did "edit>verify project. What is the correct way of typing in input and out address.
Thanks in advance.

Secondly, is there no THANKS button on the forum?

[/FONT]

try saving the program as an *.ACH file I seam to remember that the emulation doesn't like the RSS files so you save then as an ACH file
also some of the SLC processors are not supported if that happens change the processor type just for the emulator
Hi Bro
I could not see "ACH file" type option

I get the message "This SLC500 program must be compiled before it can be emulated
Verifying the project does not, IIRC, save a copy to disc. So, there's nothing on file for the emulator to open. Try this: make your edits, save to disc, go to emulator and open the file name you just saved. You should then be able to go online with the program.

Don't forget to set a station address for the emulator.

Hi
Problem is from unaccepted edit. when I copy/paste [FONT=&quot]"I:0/0" as its input address and[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"O:0/0" as its output address from the info/Instruction I was following, every thing works fine. But when I input [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I:0/0 and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]O:0/0 by myself via keyboard, I get the message "This SLC500 program must be compiled before it can be emulated" when trying to open file on emulator despite the fact that I did "edit>verify project. What is the correct way of typing in input and out address.

[/FONT]

There must be some sort of error in the way that you are typing it. Either that, or you are not saving the file after verifying the project. The emulator needs to first open the saved file, so get your project entered, verify the project, save it, then open the same file with the emulator.

Hi
Problem is from unaccepted edit. when I copy/paste [FONT=&quot]"I:0/0" as its input address and[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"O:0/0" as its output address from the info/Instruction I was following, every thing works fine. But when I input [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I:0/0 and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]O:0/0 by myself via keyboard, I get the message "This SLC500 program must be compiled before it can be emulated" when trying to open file on emulator despite the fact that I did "edit>verify project. What is the correct way of typing in input and out address.

[/FONT]

You might try this method..

I:0.0/0
O:0.0/0

There must be some sort of error in the way that you are typing it. Either that, or you are not saving the file after verifying the project. The emulator needs to first open the saved file, so get your project entered, verify the project, save it, then open the same file with the emulator.
Hi Dear
I do "save as". just typing in not working but copy and paste makes it work. I want to figure out why

one thing that may help is that you can't edit a program that is running in emulator
you have to edit the off line program then save it.
stop and remove the program running in the emulator
reload the program in the emulator and run it.