ea-mlogix-cbl to a1747-cp3

Pete Dazer

I've got an ml-1400 inside of a sealed can, with a cmore hmi connected with the standard automation direct cable. Can I simply use two breakout boards and connect rx to tx and tx to rx, with the common, for a simple three wire connection to my cp3 for programming purposes?

Thanks in advance,

Pete
[email protected]

It's not clear to me exactly what you are trying to do. But a simple three wire connection to the ML1400's serial port is all you need to make the connection.
If you are trying to connect to the same port the HMI is connected to the HMI will have to be disconnected. You would need some additional hardware(port splitters) for that. Unless the protocol is DH485.

You mentioned a 1747-CP3 cable, it's a null-modem cable. Crossing the TX and RX wires again would turn the whole cable back to a straight thru.( if I read your description correctly).

Thanks Mickey!
I just need to do some edits, and with the PLC sealed up in a NEMA7 XP can, my only point of access is that AD.COM cable. As soon as I'm finished back in the HMI it goes!!

Pete