ISA Logic Diagrams

servo

Hi:

We have been asked by one of our customers to describe the control system of plant useing ISA logic diagrams. I checked on the ISA website but did not find any help. Has anybody worked on ISA logic diagrams before? What all can I represent with ISA logic diagrams? Is there any help available on web?

Any help will be appreciated...

Thanks

You have to buy the standard at the ISA site, ISA-S5.2-1976.

These things are a waste of time. You might want to make sure he really wants them. If your lucky what he really wants is a P & I Diagram, which actually serves a purpose.

The standard used to be ANSI/ISA-S5.2, Binary Logic Diagrams for Process Operations, but it may have been superceded. You should be able to check ISA's web site to see if it's still in effect. If you have a university nearby with a good engineering library, you may even find it there.

Additional references are ANSI/IEEE STD. 91-1984, Graphic symbols for Logic Diagrams and NEMA ICS 1-102, Graphic Symbols for Logic Diagrams.

We already have the P&ID's. They want logic diagrams for controls part. I was looking for some kind of samples that I can use as starting point.