Wonderware user input question...

jimdi4

Hello,

I am using wonderware Intouch Window maker 9.0 and I am setting up screens for PID loops.

Specifically the PLC is a Modicon that I programmed with Concept. I utilized the PID1 block and through Wonderware I want to be able to change the P-I-D values.

There is no problem with the P value Proportional (Reset) its a REAL number. So i was able to utilize the analog Tagname wizard...

The I (integral) and D (derivative) values are in TIME values in the PLC. So in wonderware I cannot use the analog tag wizard for the I and D values.

I tried the TouchLink > User Inputs > Discrete but I don't get a keypad or a input popup....

Anyone experience the same issue? Whats the best way to get around this?

Thanks In advance :D

Sure the units of these are in time, but the PLC registers should be of real type as well. At least that is the way it is in AB world.

Just be careful that you limit the HMI to only input valid values - you wouldn't want to fault the processor by inputting invalid values.

I specifically stated I was using a Modicon Not an Allen Bradley PLC..
I know AB uses real data for the PID paramters but Modicon doesn't. The P is a real value but the I and D are time variables that are not the same as a real value.... :cool:

Well I hope you figured this out by now. lol

You need to make a real tag to enter the value in wonderware. Then in the plc use a real_to_time block to make the conversion.