Caterpillar CCM Communications

tarik1978

Hello all,
Has anyone out there had any success with retreiving data from a Caterpillar Generator Set?
We currently wish to talk an AB Compactlogix PLC to a Caterpilar engine via the CCM Module from CAT. ( on the CAT side the protocol is CAT 5X) We have started looking at a few different solutions, but would be interested to know about others experiences, eg, what hardware was used?
what protocol/converters were used? etc, etc.

Thanks for your feedback

Last edited:
Thanks RET can you please give more info regarding
The monico converter, how easiest the integration with controllogix, does it come preconfigured.
I have sent an Email to monico, waiting for reply

Similar Topics

first we have 3 cat. generators sync. with each other and with the national grid and controlled by woodward control system (EGCP-2) there is a...
Replies
Views
Dear Folks, We lost an application file for a Cat genset, the control panel is Terbererg, I would appreciate if you could lend me a help on...
Replies
Views
genertor of kind caterpiller G3516 stop of work and we not know and the intended the siemens PLC is kind of the display system PLC S5-95U and...
Replies
Views
hi, for communication with C7 engien (caterpillar) . i have purchase the PL1000E . i need to download to the device file *.PTE that is fix with...
Replies
Views
I've picked up a Series 6+ PLC (and a lot of cards) recently and am trying to get the unit running, however when I install a CCM into the unit, it...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom