RS232 9th Bit Interrupt Support In S7

arc

1. Does any one know if S7-300 or S7 400 range of PLCs support 9th Bit Interrupt in their Serial Ports, and how do we take this into account so that data & the application can be on Interrupt based instead of scan based on S7 300 / 400 ?
  2. What would be the cable diagram to support 9th bit configuration?
  3. Any write up such implementation ?
  4. Does DP-RS232 module of Siemens also support this feature over profibus ? (It may need more explanation , but if any one can let me know it would be wonderful) ?
  5. What Industrial Known Serial devices (A small list) are supporting 9th bit Interrupt on RS232 ?
  6. Any Application example or implementation would be of great interest !!
Are my questions making any sense ? Please let me know !!

Thanks for reading and thinking on my behalf!!

------
Arc

What are you actually trying to do? The S7300/400 PLCs do not have serial ports. Instead, you would have to buy the CP340/341/440/441 cards, in which case you can set up the RS232 any way you want.

I don't know what you mean by making it interrupt based vs scan based. Can you elaborate?

RS 232 9th Bit In S7

Dear S7 Guy,

1. In some Protocols UART has a 9-bit mode which basically means you can interrupt on each character received, or interrupt only on a character with the 9th bit set. This drastically reduced the interrupting overhead on a multidrop system (in that all bytes without the 9th bit set can be ignored). (described in the serial device)
  2. Planning to Use multiple "DP RS232" on profibus to link up many such serial devices which support 9th Bit interrupt. Can i still use the DP RS232 with such a feature??
  3. The distance from the CPU to all these devices are more than 50Mts and I wish to connect them on Profibus Link Using the Product called "DP-RS232" Converter provided by Siemens.
  4. Not planning to use CP340/341 etc...
  5. I am sorry, may be I did not explain the config in my earlier post.
Regards
-------
Arc