Siemens S5 Retentive Timer

advocar

Siemens S5 PLC Timers. Have looked through manual re types of timers There are 5 timer types in Simatic S5 (pulse, extended pulse, On delay, retentive On delay, Off delay) and 2 counter types (Up and Down).

The retentive timer looks Ok at first but appears to hold values if power is lost only.

I need to enable a timer when flag 1 goes false. Then accumulate run time of a motor output Q xxx that stops and starts until a preset has been reached. Then I want to reset a flag 2.

If Flag 1 goes true and then back to false before preset reached I need to reset any accumulated time to zero

Note the current logic is in a PB block called via a Jump call.

Have I missread the retentive timer function, or do I need to add the run time into a counter? If so would I need to do that in a FB block.

Siemens S5 timers. Thanks for reply.
Not at work 9pm NZ time.

If I remember correctly
:
A LDW 225
AN F33.7 T 225

A225 R F33.0

When looking online
F33.0 was switching viewed on RLO.
Timer preset displayed correctly
But I could not see it counting down when F33.7 toggled

Looks like I may not be entering the correct setup into the PLC code
Will look into it at work tomorrow. In at 3am to try and fix it?

hey friends,

i need some help. what means (type timers) SE and SD
the timer SD means Timer On-Delay, right? and that timer SE? Whats the diference?

for example:
A I 1.2
O F 99.1
L KT 0015.2
SE T001

yes, i know. but i have to do a conversion to S5 project for RSLogix 5000 and the software S5 don't have help instrutions. What's the difference that SE for this SD?

regards
Miguel