Please tell me the Toshiba EX100 PLC's programming port pin-out details.

logicmuthu

We are using Toshiba ex100 plc. Please kindly suggest how to connect to the plc programming port via EXPDD250 software (version 3). I know that i have to use tty current loop converter. I purchased it in local market. I am not getting the programming port pin-out details of Toshiba EX100. Please help..

Dear Sir,

I already downloaded all the manuals from that web site. There is no details regarding pin out dtails of program port.

Thank u for ur response.

logicmuthu

Dear Sir,

The software tells that for basic operations like down load and uploading of programs, this dongle or key is not required. I simply require a circuit of Tosiba's current loop coverter for EX100 PLC.

Thank U.

logicmuthu

Toshiba EX-100 PLC Programming

Hi logicmuthu,

Sorry to sadden you but goody is right, you do need the hardware 'dongle' which plugs into the serial port.

This is made by Rainbow Technology and is called the Sentinal Pro. The part number is RB-4X33CH-B9610L2436. They have a website (do a google search) and should be able to help you.

If you run the EX-PDD software without this dongle in, when you try anything that requires the PC to communicate with the PLC it comes up with error message '(190)Hardware key not installed' or something like that.

You will need the cable to connect the PLC to the PC, it has a 9 pin D type plug for the COM1 port on the PC, a little black box in the middle, and an 8 (or maybe 10)pin rectangular plug for the programming port on the EX-100.

If I can get a part number for this for you I will post it on here.

I do have a question for you. Do you know of a place to download an editor program for the EX-100 ladder programs?

Many thanks.
Chris Marsden.