Panelview 1000. messages

showshocka

hi guys! i have a panelview 1000 that is giving me a message display that the production supervisor wants to display an message that, "makes more sense". for instance, one message on the display screen says, "Infeed System off press on" and it is message 30. now, when i am i panelview 32 program and in that machines project, i can find that message that says, "infeed System on Press off". what i can't find is how to get to where it says that it is message 30. this situation i have now is when the machine has and output message that says," message 20, but no text (a blank text). how would i know what to look for in the project if i cant find where the messages are simply listed as;
meassge 1 (bla bla bla)
message 2 (bla bla bla)
meassge 3 (bla bla bla)
and so on.....so i can just edited it and download a text to the panelview 1000 project.

panelview 1000 question.jpg

When you open the text editor, you are looking at every piece of text in the whole application. Same for tag editor.

While in the text editor, if you happen to find the text you want to change, (since you can search and sort there) right click it and find its usage. I forget the keyboard shortcut for this. The usage will list all the places in the application that reference that Text ID number, and clicking on those will jump you straight to the object(s).

Then go into the (likely) multistate indicator where that text gets used to see the actual value assigned within that object, which calls that particular text element.

If that text item has multiple uses, and you change it in the text editor, it will change all instances at once. This can be useful.

If you find it in a list object or multi-state indicator and start changing it there, the software will create a whole 'nuther text ID and a new text item when you hit okay. This is also useful for changing only one items text without changing it in other places. This is how you can end up with dozens, even hundreds, of text items in the txt editor which aren't even in use! Every time you delete an object that has text items in it, those text items don't get deleted. Every time you copy and paste a non-global object, all its text items get duplicated. you can manually force new objects to use existing ID numbers which is handy for trimming bytes off the total size as well as ensuring that, for example, the word "Error" looks the same everywhere you reference it, and when you want to change it to "ERROR!" it is a one stop fix.

Last edited:
I'm lost for now. Can you post your PVA (or PBA)?
your not the only one. sure though....and on the update the message is message 6 (not alarm 6)....as all the other messages that display are just called "message" then a number. message number 6 is, "Transfer To Load Trip Stuck". they want to change what it says. but how i know it's message 6.

Is your message like an alarm banner (message display object) if so double click on it and it will open up the properties, then choose the state tab and your alarms or messages will be there.

your not the only one. sure though....and on the update the message is message 6 (not alarm 6)....as all the other messages that display are just called "message" then a number. message number 6 is, "Transfer To Load Trip Stuck". they want to change what it says. but how i know it's message 6.

I can't open it. It downloads as a PVC file and my panelbuilder32 doesn't know what to do with it.

It looks like the PVC is from the panelbuilder 1400 series of software. Is that what you are running or are you using PB32 build 3.82 (or similar)?

Ok, I can open your PVA File. What exactly is your question or problem? Stu....

i have a panelview 1000 that is giving me a message display that the production supervisor wants to display an message that, "makes more sense". for instance, one message on the display screen says, "Infeed System off press on" and it is message 30. now, when i am i panelview 32 program and in that machines project, i can find that message that says, "infeed System on Press off". what i can't find is how to get to where it says that it is "message 30". this situation i have now is when the machine has and output message that says," message number 6 is, "Transfer To Load Trip Stuck".. how would i know what to look for in the project if i cant find where the messages are simply listed as;
meassge 1 (bla bla bla)
message 2 (bla bla bla)
meassge 3 (bla bla bla)
and so on.....so i can just edited it and download a text to the panelview 1000 project.

Ok, just to be sure, you are referring to the Message Display on the bottom of the Main Page of your PB32 Project Line 6 schneider?

Stu....