PointIO 1734-OB8 and E-Stop

jrsnydley

Hello everyone, I am setting up a project using PointIO for the first time. I will be hooking up a 1734-AENTR to a 1756-ENBT module. In my remote IO, I will be using a 1734-OB8. It appears that this module gets its power from the backplane. My question is how do I E-Stop it? On other systems, I have my 24V DC supply run through my E-Stop to the VAC - VDC terminal on my output module. It appears I cannot do that with the PointIO. Do I have to drop power to the entire backplane? I have several E-Stop buttons so I want to notify the operator as to which one is pressed. I would need my inputs to be active in order to do so and dropping out the backplane would inhibit all of my modules. Any ideas or suggestions?

I use a 1734-FPD module to introduce a new power source that separates it from the adapter. It maintains the communications and power associated with communication.