PC-Based forum?

If you have a question relating to the programming or usage of any of the 'Soft PLC' software packages out there, just post it. The question of providing multiple forums for different topics was raised when Phil went to this current format. It was pretty generally agreed that we didn't want to bother with trying to figure out which forum a question belongs in.

If you want a forum on the care and feeing of the PC and its operating systems, there are any number of alternatives.

How is PC-based control that fundementally different from PLC-based control?

You've still got
  • Canned vs.Roll-your-Own,
  • "How do I get this particular soft PLC to work?"
  • Programming/logic techniques (ladder v. C?)

What kind of question do you foresee that differs from the run-of-the-mill-press that we get here?

So... LP,

I've spent a few years, myself, using strictly PC Control ("C").

I just might be able to handle your concerns. If not, there are others that have also spent time with PC-Control.

Soooooo..... Post your questions!