Modbus+ wonderware dde

tomneth

Well I got back to my Wonderware project again after installing the latest driver suite from Modicon on a Windows98 machine. The version of Wonderware is 5.1 that was running on a Windows 3.1 machine. I'll upgrade the Wonderware later and put it on NT machines but for now I have to use what I have.

The problem I have now is that I'm getting a "Modbus Plus channel allocation failed" error and no live data. I can connect to the network directly with the Mb+ software and see all the PLCs and everything looks ok. I'm running Wonderware's Mb+ DDE and everything seems ok but apparently I didn't set something up correctly. Anybody know what that error is?

Well for anyone who's interested I solved the "channel allocation failed" fault in our Wonderware program. What I did was load a newer version of I/O server (from the ver 7 disk). Although they look the same my guess is that the older I/O server wasn't designed for 32 bit Windows and that's where the problem was. Now I'm going to get the newest PC's I can that will still recognize the SA85 card (ISA card) and load the new version of InTouch. I'm told that our existion applications (from version 5.1) will work with version 7.