CMORE HMI Panels

I have done several C-MORE programs and the software is easy to use. I love the fact that I can just transfer the program without having to mess with runtime BS like in the AB panels. As others have said they are not as powerful as a panelview but the price reflects that.

For me if they had more instructions IE a control list selector and some other advanced functions, and the ability to expand the memory I would fully switch. Until that happens im still going to have to use AB for a lot of projects.

I built a simulator recently that had less then 10 screens and used up almost 25% of the memory.

I had one older panel fail that was not supported anymore. Fortunately AD included a converter in a software product update, where I was able to simply open the project in the new software and it was then compatible with the latest Cmore line! Lets see any of the big players in the HMI world keep that kind of service!

The C-mores are really good value. I would definitely choose them over anything A/B makes if I was told I could not use Red Lion. The one thing I really dislike about them is the trending.

I've had few issues with the screens, and the programming software is pretty dead simple.

Things of note:

You can't change the data type of a tag (unsigned 16bit INT to signed 16bit INT for instance) if it's used ANYWHERE on the screen. Why this hasn't been addressed, I have no idea. It's been an issue since the EZ-touch days.

The EA9-RHMI headless HMI is nice, but there appear to be issues finding compatible 3rd party touchscreens. They have drivers for RESISTIVE touchscreens from elo; they will not work with the capacitive screens. Problem is, the only touchscreen that AD said would work has gone end-of-life from elo. The current replacement doesn't work.

I've asked repeatedly for a comprehensive list of compatible, in-production screens, and it's been radio silence from AD so far. I'd advise caution (or at least carve out extra time in your build schedule) if you choose to use a touchscreen with the RHMI. You may end up returning and re-ordering several before you find a model that will work. They do work a treat though for large-format data display, and will output HDMI to any screen, touch or not.

-rpoet

I have only used a few Cmores but have bought many other things from them.
Customer service is outstanding......in spite of the drawl:)

Another interesting tidbit, I once had to call their tech support and both the receptionist and the tech support guy had very distinct Southern US accents.

gas said:
.in spite of the drawl

I have no idear what you-alls talk'in about, I have called them several times and I dont hear any accents :unsure:

anyone with experience using these panels managed to get EA7 panels talking to the new Compact Guardlogix?

Looking around the internet has revealed that the Connection Path is changed for Allen Bradley Compact Logix, however the EA7 software does not give the option to modify this.

Love to hear some suggestions.

C-More has become my standard Go-To. I have quite a few out there. Working on a few now.

BUT, we now have an issue. One of our guys put a serious scratch on the face of one with a tool-slip. This is a brand new unit. AD does not offer replacement screens, nor repair service for the screens. Ouch.

I would advise getting the screen protectors for new installations. I wish one came with each new panel as a standard. I hate nickle-dime stuff. (Like the Productivity series having to order terminal blocks separate :( )

I would advise getting the screen protectors for new installations. I wish one came with each new panel as a standard. I hate nickle-dime stuff. (Like the Productivity series having to order terminal blocks separate :( )

We didn't do that to nickel and dime, trust me. We got so many complaints from OEMs about having to trash terminal blocks when they wanted to use the Ziplink wiring extensions or some other type of terminal block that we decided to let customers decide what terminal block they want or not. If we didn't offer them separate, then the module price would be slightly higher to reflect the added cost of terminal blocks. I can agree that it is a slight pain to order them separate, but then as an ex-OEM, I hated throwing money in the trash because blocks were included and I had no way to not get it with the product.

We didn't do that to nickel and dime, trust me. We got so many complaints from OEMs about having to trash terminal blocks when they wanted to use the Ziplink wiring extensions or some other type of terminal block that we decided to let customers decide what terminal block they want or not. If we didn't offer them separate, then the module price would be slightly higher to reflect the added cost of terminal blocks. I can agree that it is a slight pain to order them separate, but then as an ex-OEM, I hated throwing money in the trash because blocks were included and I had no way to not get it with the product.

OK. I can understand that logic...

BUT, then why do some series come with terminals and some don't? (Click vs Productivity for example)

Not trying to be mean or anything, but I would love if the different series looked and felt more like they were from 1 company. Although, I understand that there are several (contract) manufacturers involved.

I'll let it go, I just happened to get bit a time or two, and recently. It's all good, just always could be better!

The C-mores are really good value. I would definitely choose them over anything A/B makes if I was told I could not use Red Lion. The one thing I really dislike about them is the trending.

Definitely second this. I have 20+ panels. EA7's and 9's. Love'em but the trending is horrendous. Icky, if you have any sway there it would be appreciated.

I have no idear what you-alls talk'in about, I have called them several times and I dont hear any accents :unsure:

I understood that completely!

We use CMore HMIs. I recall no hardware issues - but the older EA7 had issues with screensavers causing the panel to go to blackscreen or whitescreen and possibly unresponsive. Disabling the screensaver would resolve this.

Graphing is functional - not great.
Data collection - meh
Upload/download speeds (ethernet) nice
No Design/Runtime **** to deal with.
Not rockwell - nice.
Some small issue with rendering the screen if replacing older panel with newer panel - of same model number. (A bit of static on the screen/ some text does not FIT properly in the newer panel objects)
Occasionally, object(s) may not appear on the screen when the screen is first rendered - leaving and re-entering the screen will make the object(s) render.

I understood that completely!
Some small issue with rendering the screen if replacing older panel with newer panel - of same model number. (A bit of static on the screen/ some text does not FIT properly in the newer panel objects)
Occasionally, object(s) may not appear on the screen when the screen is first rendered - leaving and re-entering the screen will make the object(s) render.

This can probably be fixed by being sure to use Selected Panel Resolution instead of Original Resolution. See C-more Help Topic CM016 int he software.