Math Help - creating a variable scaled analog input

Jeff164

Hello - you folks were kind in helping me the other day so I'm back for more...

My program is finished however the end customer hasn't provided a positive confirmation of the range of the pressure transmitter they are using as yet.

PLC: AD DL-06 HMI: C-More EA9

I'm wanting to provide a numeric entry box behind a password protected setup menu where their installation project engineer can input / adjust if need be the full range value for the transmitter. The ANSCL iBox tool will only allow constants (Knnnn) for inputs here (I thought this would be easy if I could have just entered a V-memory address for the High Engineering value).

Anyway - I'm trying to develop a formula that will allow me to bring in the assigned value and write to V-memory, run the math and then output to the PLC code for set points and display.

I got the code functional for moving the data into the program and setting up the structure, but the equation is giving me challenges. Its been too many years since I sat in algebra & trig classes with this sort of thing and I haven't been using those skills of late.

Here's a screenshot of what I've done. Its functional but the math is broken. o_O

thanks again !

analog snip 1.JPG

drbitboy is spot on one of those threads is quite recent so should give you some ideas on how to roll your own.